Last week we wrapped up our sixth Talent Marketing Board Meeting in San Francisco.
34 talent acquisition, employer branding, and recruitment marketing leaders from 28 major companies got together to talk about the things that are most important to their work right now.
Here’s who joined us: Anheuser-Busch, Autodesk, Bank of the West, Bio-Rad, C.H. Robinson, Capital One, CDW, Cummins, Exelon, Gap, Hilton, Illinois Tool Works, Intel, Kohl's Department Stores, Nutanix, NVIDIA, Progressive Insurance, Royal Caribbean Cruises, ServiceNow, Southern California Edison, Spectrum, Synovus, T-Mobile, Tapestry, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Trimble, Vanguard, and W. L. Gore & Associates.
Over the two days, we had off-the-record leadership conversations you can't experience anywhere else.
First, we kicked off day one with a large group discussion on where the industry is headed in 2020, followed by two rounds of small group discussions on topics chosen by attendees during the meeting.
Next, we heard four Show & Tell presentations from fellow Talent Marketing Board members. They shared stories about projects they had led, challenges they had faced, what went well, what didn’t work, and what they hope to do next. We heard from:
- Thea Neal at Royal Caribbean Cruises will discuss how she markets globally for their uber-niche tech roles and for mass-hired housekeeping positions.
- Stephanie Scher at Vanguard will talk about incorporating diversity and inclusion in talent brand strategy.
- Whitney Wilber at Cummins will explain how she refreshed their EVP, messaging, and creative to complement one, cohesive brand attracting talent on a global scale.
- Hanady Khourshid at CDW will share how they optimize and refresh their career site to improve the candidate journey.
Following a day of conversations and Show & Tell talks, Talent Marketing Board members all went out for a fantastic dinner together.
We held our private, waterfront Member Dinner at Beach Chalet. There was plenty of delicious food and even more laughs. It was the perfect opportunity for members to connect with each other before a big day of brainstorming, discussion, and collaboration.
We also held Member-Led Discussions and Large-Group Discussions where Talent Marketing Board members explored tough questions, shared experiences, and got help with specific challenges they’re facing.
Discussions were led by:
- Tisha Backer at C.H. Robinson on job postings that actually attract talent.
- Hilton’s Whitney Bartels on curating authentic, employee-centric content.
- Kristi Allen at Intel on using a 21st-century hub and spoke recruitment marketing model.
- Everyone on measuring the value of your employer brand.
- Everyone on internal mobility and recruitment.
You won’t want to miss the next opportunity to have face-to-face conversations with people like you at companies like yours!
Board Meeting 7 is on the books for July 28-29 in Denver. It'll be hosted by our Talent Marketing Board members at Charles Schwab.
Learn more and register here: https://board.org/talent/meetings/tm07/