Mini Board Meeting
October 22, 2019
Peer-to-Peer Conversations with the Talent Marketing Board before Glassdoor Recruit
If you’re planning to attend Glassdoor Recruit in San Francisco, we’re having an exclusive, off-the-record discussion with talent attraction, employer brand, and recruitment marketing leaders at major corporations before the Glassdoor conference begins.
It’ll be a great way to connect with talent marketing leaders just like you — away from all the noise and distractions of the conference and vendors. Here’s some feedback from one of our Board Members who attended a similar meeting ahead of Indeed Interactive in Austin last Spring:
Keep providing this safe space for small, breakout collaboration! I found that one afternoon [at the Mini Board Meeting] so much more valuable than the entire Indeed Interactive conference. — Amy Winebright, Dell
Who’s Attending (So Far)
Central Garden & Pet, Sanmina Corporation, Sony Electronics, and Western Digital.
- Only RSVP if you can definitely attend. This is a structured conversation with facilitators and limited seats. (If you can’t make it, please give us enough warning to invite someone from the waitlist.)
- This meeting is confidential. You will be required to agree to our confidentiality rules when you register.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
- Venue: (Nearby the conference; TBD).
- 9:00 AM – 4:15 PM. Discussions start promptly at 9:00 AM, please be on time. The members-only dinner begins at 4:45 PM.
What’s Going to Happen
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM — Breakfast Discussions
- 9:30 AM – 10:45 AM — Facilitated Conversation on Optimizing Job Postings, Reviews, and Ad Strategy on Glassdoor:
- Job boards like Glassdoor can consume a large portion of our resources, and it’s challenging to tell how much they are actually impacting to the candidate experience (CX) or overall employer brand health. During this session, we’ll benchmark on the real ROI we’re seeing from Glassdoor. We’ll discuss topics like increasing reviews/traffic, managing our ratings, building a response plan, impact on the CX, validity of the data they share, and whether or not we’ll continue to invest resources here or move them elsewhere. Together, we’ll all enjoy a leadership level, brands-only, confidential conversation to sync up on Glassdoor before the conference.
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM — Facilitated Conversation on Employer Brand Metrics and ROI:
- Demonstrating the ROI of our employer brand program is both challenging and significant in building the case for increased budget and headcount for 2020. In this conversation, we’ll benchmark how we’re measuring overall employer brand health versus tangible value adds, what third-party data we’re purchasing, and how we’re telling the story in a digestible way so leaders understand our impact and value in talent acquisition efforts.
- 12:00 PM – 12:40 PM — Lunch Discussions
- 12:50 PM – 2:00 PM — Member-Led Discussions (Topics coming soon)
- 2:15 PM – 4:15 PM — Unconference Rounds (You pick the topics)
- 4:45 PM – 7:00 PM — Members-Only Dinner
Who’s going to be there?
Everyone in the room will be leading an employer brand and recruitment marketing program at a big company. This is a meeting for people like you, with jobs like yours, at companies like yours — and problems like yours.
No vendors, sponsors, press, small businesses, or junior/front-line staff allowed.
Attendees will be from member companies and invited guests from similarly-sized companies.
What are we going to discuss?
You’ll get candid, honest insights from experienced peers. Bring a list of the things you’re working on right now. We’d love to help.
Some early topics that have been suggested include:
- Activating a new (or rebranded) EVP
- Review site strategy (Indeed, Glassdoor, Fairygodboss, and more)
- Measuring the social candidate experience
- Building a tribe of social ambassadors
- Sourcing authentic, passionate, and sharable content from employees
What’s the format?
Here’s an explanation of the format from one of our other meetings. We’ve been running similar meetings for the past 12 years — it’s a very efficient format to get high value in limited time.
Why is there no fee and who is funding this?
The Talent Marketing Board is a community for people leading employer brand and recruitment marketing at the world’s biggest companies. We have members-only meetings a few times a year. Because our meetings are confidential, we host smaller meetings for guests to see what we do. In total transparency, we think you’re going to love it and will want to join the community.
NOTE: ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVIEW
Submitting this form does not mean you’ve been approved for the meeting — do not book your travel yet (unless you’re already in town for Glassdoor Recruit).
This is a private meeting for Talent Marketing Board members and invited guests. All registrations are subject to approval at the sole discretion of Board.org.