Mini Board Meeting
October 8, 2019
Here’s what you need to know for the meeting. Please RSVP below.
Anheuser-Busch, ASML, Bombardier Recreation Products, C.H. Robinson, CDW, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Edward Jones, Exelon Corporation, Fidelity Investments, Great Clips, Groupon, Hilton, Illinois Tool Works, Intact Financial, John Deere, Kellogg Company, Kohl’s Department Stores, Pilot Flying J, Progressive Insurance, Schneider Electric, Scientific Games, and Sodexo.
- Only RSVP if you can definitely attend. This is a structured conversation with facilitators and limited seats. (If you can’t make it, please give us enough warning to invite someone from the waitlist.)
- This meeting is confidential. You will be required to agree to our confidentiality rules when you register.
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019.
- Convene — 16 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL 60603.
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Discussions start promptly at 9:00 AM, please be on time.
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM — Breakfast Discussions
- 9:30 AM – 10:45 AM — Facilitated Conversation on Optimizing Your Employee Ambassador Program:
- The best way to get candidates to resonate with our employers is to get them to resonate with our employees. During this round-table discussion, we’ll unpack how to optimize an employee ambassador program. We’ll discuss how we’re filling up the content pipeline with UGC, identifying/training champions, managing employees as they roll off, what we’re reporting to leadership, and any other questions you have to make your program better.
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM — Facilitated Conversation on Employer Brand Metrics and ROI:
- Demonstrating the ROI of our employer brand program is both challenging and significant in building the case for increased budget and headcount for 2020. In this conversation, we’ll benchmark how we’re measuring overall employer brand health versus tangible value adds, what third-party data we’re purchasing, and how we’re telling the story in a digestible way so leaders understand our impact and value in talent acquisition efforts.
- 12:00 PM – 12:40 PM — Lunch Discussions
- 12:50 PM – 2:00 PM — 2 Member-Led Discussions:
- 2:15 PM – 4:15 PM — 3 Unconference Rounds (You Pick the Topics)
- 4:15 PM – 5:00 PM — Happy Hour
Who’s going to be there?
Everyone in the room will be leading an employer brand and recruitment marketing program at a big company. This is a meeting for people like you, with jobs like yours, at companies like yours — and problems like yours.
No vendors, sponsors, press, small businesses, or junior/front-line staff allowed.
Attendees will be from member companies and invited guests from similarly-sized companies.
What are we going to discuss?
You’ll get candid, honest insights from experienced peers. Bring a list of the things you’re working on right now. We’d love to help.
Some early topics that have been suggested include:
- Activating a new (or rebranded) EVP
- Review site strategy (Indeed, Glassdoor, Fairygodboss, and more)
- Measuring the social candidate experience
- Building a tribe of social ambassadors
- Sourcing authentic, passionate, and sharable content from employees
What’s the format?
Here’s an explanation of the format from one of our other meetings. We’ve been running similar meetings for the past 12 years — it’s a very efficient format to get high value in limited time.
Why is there no fee and who is funding this?
The Talent Marketing Board is a community for people leading employer brand and recruitment marketing at the world’s biggest companies. We have members-only meetings about four times a year. Because our meetings are confidential, we host smaller meetings for guests to see what we do. In total transparency, we think you’re going to love it and will want to join the community.