Last week we wrapped up our sixth Talent Marketing Board Meeting in San Francisco.
34 talent acquisition, employer branding, and recruitment marketing leaders from 28 major companies got together to talk about the things that are most important to their work right now.
Here’s who joined us: Anheuser-Busch, Autodesk, Bank of the West, Bio-Rad, C.H. Robinson, Capital One, CDW, Cummins, Exelon, Gap, Hilton, Illinois Tool Works, Intel, Kohl's Department Stores, Nutanix, NVIDIA, Progressive Insurance, Royal Caribbean Cruises, ServiceNow, Southern California Edison, Spectrum, Synovus, T-Mobile, Tapestry, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Trimble, Vanguard, and W. L. Gore & Associates.
Over the two days, we had off-the-record leadership conversations you can't experience anywhere else.
First, we kicked off day one with a large group discussion on where the industry is headed in 2020, followed by two rounds of small group discussions on topics chosen by attendees during the meeting.
Next, we heard four Show & Tell presentations from fellow Talent Marketing Board members. They shared stories about projects they had led, challenges they had faced, what went well, what didn’t work, and what they hope to do next. We heard from:
- Thea Neal at Royal Caribbean Cruises will discuss how she markets globally for their uber-niche tech roles and for mass-hired housekeeping positions.
- Stephanie Scher at Vanguard will talk about incorporating diversity and inclusion in talent brand strategy.
- Whitney Wilber at Cummins will explain how she refreshed their EVP, messaging, and creative to complement one, cohesive brand attracting talent on a global scale.
- Hanady Khourshid at CDW will share how they optimize and refresh their career site to improve the candidate journey.
Following a day of conversations and Show & Tell talks, Talent Marketing Board members all went out for a fantastic dinner together.
We held our private, waterfront Member Dinner at Beach Chalet. There was plenty of delicious food and even more laughs. It was the perfect opportunity for members to connect with each other before a big day of brainstorming, discussion, and collaboration.
We also held Member-Led Discussions and Large-Group Discussions where Talent Marketing Board members explored tough questions, shared experiences, and got help with specific challenges they’re facing.
Discussions were led by:
- Tisha Backer at C.H. Robinson on job postings that actually attract talent.
- Hilton’s Whitney Bartels on curating authentic, employee-centric content.
- Kristi Allen at Intel on using a 21st-century hub and spoke recruitment marketing model.
- Everyone on measuring the value of your employer brand.
- Everyone on internal mobility and recruitment.
After the Member-Led Discussions, we moved into an afternoon of fast-paced, intense conversations during the unconference rounds.
Members chose what was most important for them to talk about with their Talent Marketing Board tribe in a confidential setting. We covered a lot of ground — topics included:
- Recruiter adoption of TA technology: Enablement strategy, tools, and more
- Employee ambassador programs
- Persona experience: Development, execution, and rollout
- Social content strategy: EVP pillar alignment, themes, and most engaged types
- Activating a year-round award strategy: What do you apply for, what’s worth recognizing, and content strategy when you win
- CRM best practices
- Uncommon talent marketing social platforms: TikTok, Snapchat, and whatever’s next
- Effective shoestring budget ideas, tips, and hacks
- Working with employee resource groups: Driving authentic content and attracting a more diverse candidate pool
- How to compete with FAANG for tech talent
- Introducing TM/TA metrics to the organization: Launching a new approach, fundamental metrics, and benchmarks to indicate success
- Bridging data gaps from first touchpoint to hire: How to track media performance through hire (ATS? CRM?), and then how to track quality of hire
- Career site refresh and optimization
Join us at our next meeting!
You won’t want to miss the next opportunity to have face-to-face conversations with people like you at companies like yours. Board Meeting 7 is on the books for July 28-29 in Denver. It'll be hosted by our Talent Marketing Board members at Charles Schwab.
Check out the details and save your spot here.
Hope to see you there!