We bring together people like you, with jobs like yours, at companies like yours — and problems like yours.
It’s the most important thing we do. Every company and every individual must meet our strict screening criteria.
No vendors allowed.
Absolutely no vendors are ever allowed to participate in this organization. No exceptions.
Really. We’re not kidding. We don’t even allow sponsorships at Board Meetings.
This means members never have to question the motives behind the advice they’re getting, never have to filter what they say for fear of a vendor listening in, and nobody ever tries to sell them anything.
Companies pay membership dues, and two to three senior leaders participate.
Members are senior decision makers, along with their inner circle. You’ll be talking with people who actually run their program, with experience and knowledge to share. Never find yourself with a recent hire, trainee, or junior staff.
- Senior decision-makers who have responsibility for their program. Determines strategy, sets policy, controls budgets, selects vendors, hires staff, and manages the team. Minimum title of manager (no exceptions).
- Substantial, relevant professional experience. Extensive experience representing your organization in confidential conversations with senior executives at major corporations.
- Subject matter expertise. Able to contribute to high-level discussions on strategy and leadership in this field.
- No vendors: Major BtoB or BtoC client-side companies only.
- Minimum size: At least $1B in revenue and 4,000 full-time employees.
- Active in CSR: Members must have established programs and knowledge to share.
Our staff facilitates confidential conversations between members.
This is a professionally managed community run by full-time, dedicated facilitators (not volunteers or moonlighting editors, event planners, or consultants).
We do it by phone, email, and in-person meetings.
Members help each other through:
- Fast Feedback: Post a question, get an answer by email.
- Community Calls: Facilitated phone discussions on deep issues.
- Direct Discussions: We introduce you to a member who can help.
- Board Meetings: Face-to-face connections and confidential conversations.
Membership is efficient and easy. It’s designed for busy leaders.
Get the full value of membership in as little as 15 minutes a week. Get answers quickly — much faster than your other resources. All you have to do is ask the question, and we set up the conversations.
Our professional staff takes care of everything so you can focus on getting the answers you need.
Members talk about how to solve the hard problems and do the job better.
We talk about the things that keep you up at night — the things you can’t ask anywhere else: internal management issues, vendors, unprecedented topics, crisis response, and leadership strategies.
(We don’t talk about the topics you can get elsewhere — the tactical or basic “how-to” concepts.)
Benefits that help you be a better leader.
- Actionable advice, on demand, from people who actually have the answers.
- The leadership support you need to run a great program.
- Risk reduction. Membership is an insurance policy that protects you and your company.
- A supportive community that helps you win.
This is all we do.
We don’t do research, public conferences, training, consulting, or advocacy.
Delivering amazing member experiences is our one and only job.
This is one of the most beloved organizations for leaders at big companies.
The ESG & CSR Board is one of the fastest growing and largest groups for heads of ESG, social impact, and sustainability.
This is not like other business groups, which is why Board.org has had an 80% renewal rate for 15 years. It’s a community of friends who will support you. It feels like a family.