About the call:
Migration to the cloud at a risk-averse company
Let’s talk with other senior data leaders at risk-averse companies about how we’re approaching and optimizing cloud migration for our data, applications, and workloads. What’s the fastest journey to the cloud at companies like ours? Topics we’ll cover together:
- Defining scope: What are you keeping out of the cloud?
- Determining sequence: Are you starting with data platforms and large data sets or specific workbenches and less complex applications?
- Using hybrid approaches to data storage combining on-premise and cloud solutions
- Mitigating infosec or other stakeholder concerns
Benchmark your strategic approach with other on-the-ground leaders in a confidential, vendor-free environment. Join this call to share perspectives with people like you, with jobs like yours, at companies like yours — and challenges like yours.
Who is joining the call
Only senior-level data strategy leaders at large enterprises.
Brands attending (so far): Coming soon!
Who is not on this call
No vendors, consultants, small businesses, job seekers, or salespeople.
Nobody will pitch you. Everyone is someone like you, with a job like yours, at a company like yours.
How to join the line:
Use this form to register for Data Board’s private, brands-only call on Thursday, June 18th, at 12 PM ET.
Once the Data Board officially launches, members will hop on the phone each week for a real-time conversation about the hot topic on everyone’s mind, a behind-the-scenes look at a member’s program, or simply for a chance to pick each others’ brains. These aren’t presentations or webinars — just great conversations among members. And, because it’s confidential and vendor-free, you get much better information from people who’ve been there and done that.
Who will be on the call? A hand-selected group of data strategy leaders from major companies.
Is it really brands only? Yes, every participant is hand-screened. Only people running data strategy at major companies are allowed. No vendors, no salespeople, no sponsors.
Who is the Data Board? We are a confidential, vendor-free membership organization for people leading data strategy at the world’s greatest brands.
What happens after I register? We’ll reach out to set up a short conversation to prep you for the call. We do this for all participants, even if you’ve joined one of our calls in the past. We work hard to make this experience a valuable use of your time, and ensuring that all participants are prepped on the topic and understand how our conversations work is an important part of that process.
Do I have to join? Nope. This call is a sample discussion for non-members. But if you do join, our community will have a conversation like this every week, and your inner circle of data strategy leaders can participate.
Who is the presenter? Nobody! Everyone contributes. It’s a discussion, not a webinar. You’ll have a deep conversation with people who have jobs like yours at companies like yours.
Is it confidential? Yes, every participant agrees to keep the call confidential (and we ban observers, vendors, press, and analysts).
What’s with all these rules? All this structure is what makes our conversations so useful for busy executives. High value, little noise.
Registration Rules: This is a private event. Invitation only, non-transferable. Board.org reserves the right to cancel your registration.
Confidentiality Rules: This event is an opportunity for you to preview our confidential environment, but to attend you must agree to our strict confidentiality terms that all members are held to.
In our private community you can discuss issues, explore ideas, ask for help, and share concerns openly and honestly, knowing that this is a trusted and confidential environment. You’re never on the record, and you never have to worry about your comments being shared publicly. Board.org is a safe space with a deep trust among all members.
Please respect your fellow attendees by ensuring full confidentiality by agreeing to the terms below, just as you can trust our Board.org members to do the same:
- All Board.org content is confidential. This includes emails, discussions, calls, documents, audio, files, and everything else you receive from Board.org members.
- Board.org content is not to be shared. This means no forwarding, blogging, copying, or posting to a forum — inside or outside of your company.
- Board.org content is to be seen by official Board.org representatives only. You may not pass it around inside your company, copy it for your department, or share it with anyone. If someone hasn’t signed a Representative Participation Agreement with Board.org, they cannot see Board.org communications.
- Outsiders may never see Board.org content. This includes vendors, agencies, consultants, journalists, or anyone else outside of your company. If they aren’t approved as a Board.org member, they aren’t to see Board.org content, ever.