Kickoff Los Angeles
February 26, 2019
Here’s what you need to know for the meeting.
Who Attended the Meeting
Best Buy, Capital Group, Cisco, Disney-ABC Television Group, Experian, Henry Schein, Herbalife International of America, IBM, Illumina, Lamb Weston, Ross Stores, Stryker, Synopsys, Thermo Fisher Scientific, UnitedHealth Group, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group.
- Only RSVP if you can definitely attend. This is a structured conversation with facilitators and limited seats. (If you can’t make it, please give us enough warning to invite someone from the waitlist.)
- This meeting is confidential. You will be required to agree to our confidentiality rules when you register.
- Tuesday, February 26th.
- Convene — 333 S Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90071.
- 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Discussions start promptly at 8:00 AM, please be on time.
Monday, February 25
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM — CSR Kickoff Dinner: The night before our meeting, we all went out for a fantastic dinner together. It was the perfect opportunity to connect with your fellow corporate social responsibility leaders before a big day of brainstorming, discussion, and collaboration.
Tuesday, February 26
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM — Breakfast Discussions
- 9:00 AM – 11:45 AM — Facilitated Conversations
- 11:45 AM – 12:45 PM — Lunch Discussions
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM — Small Group Discussions
Who’s going to be there?
Everyone in the room will be leading a corporate social responsibility program at a big company. This is a meeting for people like you, with jobs like yours, at companies like yours — and problems like yours.
No vendors, sponsors, press, small businesses, or junior / front-line staff allowed.
Attendees will be from member companies and invited guests from similarly-sized companies.
What are we going to discuss?
You’ll get candid, honest insights from experienced peers. Bring a list of the things you’re working on right now. We’d love to help.
Some early topics that have been suggested include:
- Earning buy-in and support for your initiatives
- Charitable giving
- Reporting and how you’re sharing it with key stakeholders or shareholders
- CSR’s impact on brand and reputation
- Disaster preparedness and recovery — disaster relief efforts; supporting your people
What’s the format?
Here’s an explanation of the format from one of our other meetings. We’ve been running similar meetings for the past 12 years — it’s a very efficient format to get high value in limited time.
Why is there no fee and who is funding this?
The CSR Board is a community for people leading corporate social responsibility at the world’s biggest companies. We have members-only meetings about four times a year. Because our meetings are confidential, we host smaller meetings for guests to see what we do. In total transparency, we think you’re going to love it and will want to join the community.