November 19, 2019
Here’s what you need to know for the Unofficial Board Roundtable. Please RSVP below.
Get answers to tough questions you can’t discuss anywhere else in one quick afternoon.
Join us for a few hours of great, off-the-record discussions on the challenges of a unique role like yours. Everyone in the room will be leading corporate social responsibility at a big company.
No vendors, sponsors, press, small businesses, or junior/front-line staff allowed.
This is a meeting for people like you, with jobs like yours, at companies like yours — and problems like yours.
Attendees will be from member companies and invited guests from similarly-sized companies.
This is a sample of our bigger, more in-depth Board Meetings. Prospective members get to experience the incredibly valuable discussions we have, and members get an extra session of great conversations.
- Only RSVP if you can definitely attend. This is a structured conversation with facilitators and limited seats. (If you can’t make it, please give us enough warning to invite someone from the waitlist.)
- This meeting is confidential. You will be required to agree to our confidentiality rules when you register.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019.
- GasPedal’s Trash Mountain Ranch — 10300 Springdale Road, Austin, TX 78754.
- 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM. Discussions start promptly at 2:00 PM, please be on time.
What’s Going to Happen
- 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM — Arrival and Networking
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM — Welcome and Introduction
- 2:30 PM – 3:45 PM — Facilitated Large Group Discussion: Benchmarking and Critical Issues We’ll begin our large group discussion by benchmarking how we run our programs against the other companies in the room. Learn about different approaches to leadership, team structure, where the program lives, budgets, staffing, and more. Then, we’ll dive into strategic questions around mission-critical issues. What are your must-solve problems, how are you prioritizing issues, and what are your top strategic initiatives? (We’ll also talk about what we don’t yet know, emerging issues, and how to avoid uncharted risks.)
- 3:45 PM – 3:55 PM — Break
- 3:55 PM – 4:00 PM — Small Group Discussion Introduction: These are fast-paced, peer-to-peer discussions where you suggest discussion topics, vote for your favorites, and join the conversations that interest you most. It means you’re spending the entire time talking about exactly the right things for you, not some canned agenda set by meeting planners months in advance.
- 4:00 PM – 4:25 PM — Small Group Discussion Round 1
- 4:25 PM – 4:35 PM — Break
- 4:35 PM – 5:00 PM — Small Group Discussion Round 2
Who’s going to be there?
- The meeting is open to senior corporate social responsibility leaders at Austin companies of at least 250 employees.
- All attendees must be currently employed full-time in a senior decision-making role at a qualified company.
- No vendors, agencies, or consultants.
- All attendees must agree to the confidentiality rules.
- All registrations are subject to approval by Board.org.
What are we going to discuss?
You’ll get candid, honest insights from experienced peers. Bring a list of the things you’re working on right now. We’d love to help.
Some early topics that have been suggested include:
- CSR’s impact on brand and reputation
- Partnering with NPOs, NGOs, and companies
- Disaster preparedness and recovery
- Setting up/sunsetting a foundation
- Deciding on third-party certifications for sustainability
- ESG metrics and reporting
- Pitching for more money
- Investor relations and sustainability
- Internal communications for CSR: How to explain what you do
- Defining/redefining your strategic pillars
- Connecting your programs to your brand purpose/identity
- Mobilizing ERGs (employee resource groups) for CSR goals
- CSR, sustainability, and government relations
What’s the format?
Here’s an explanation of the format from one of our other meetings. We’ve been running similar meetings for the past 12 years — it’s a very efficient format to get high value in limited time.
Is it confidential?
Yes, all attendees must agree to Board.org’s confidentiality rules.
Why is there no fee and who is funding this?
The CSR Board is a confidential, vendor-free membership organization for people leading corporate social responsibility at the world’s biggest companies. We have members-only meetings about four times a year. Because our meetings are confidential, we host smaller meetings for guests to see what we do. In total transparency, we think you’re going to love it and will want to join the community.
NOTE: ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVIEW
Submitting this form does not mean you’ve been approved for the meeting — do not book your travel yet.
This is a private meeting for Board.org members and invited guests. All registrations are subject to approval at the sole discretion of Board.org.