February 25, 2020
Here’s what you need to know for the Board Roundtable. Please RSVP below.
Brands That Attended the Previous Roundtable
Ace Hardware, American Airlines, Bombardier Recreation Products, Brown-Forman, CDK Global, Constellation Brands, Experian, Fannie Mae, Ferguson Enterprises, Georgia-Pacific, Hertz, Illumina, MassMutual, Philip Morris International, Spectrum, Subaru, UnitedHealth Group, Verizon, Western Union, and Yum! Brands.
- Only RSVP if you can definitely attend. This is a structured conversation with facilitators and limited seats. (If you can’t make it, please give us enough warning to invite someone from the waitlist.)
- This meeting is confidential. You will be required to agree to our confidentiality rules when you register.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
- Presidio Officers’ Club — 50 Moraga Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94129.
- 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Discussions start promptly at 9:00 AM, please be on time.
Please note: Non-members have to leave the facility at 4:30 PM. The members-only portion of the confidential Board Meeting begins at 5:00 PM with our Member Dinner.
What’s Going to Happen
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM — Breakfast Discussions and Introduction
- 9:30 AM – 10:45 AM — Facilitated Large Group Discussion: We’ll talk about the things that keep leaders like you up at night — the things you can’t ask anywhere else: internal management issues, vendors, unprecedented topics, crisis response, and leadership strategies. Everyone in the room will be leading a program like yours, with experience and knowledge to share. No vendors. Big companies. Leaders only.
- 10:55 AM – 12:00 PM — Small Group Discussions: These are fast-paced, peer-to-peer discussions where you suggest discussion topics, vote for your favorites, and join the conversations that interest you most. It means you’re spending the entire time talking about exactly the right things for you, not some canned agenda set by meeting planners months in advance.
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM — Lunch Discussions
- 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM — Confidential Case Studies on CSR Programs:
- NVIDIA’s Tonie Hansen on leveraging stakeholder data to improve your CSR performance.
- Cenovus Energy’s Mark Demchuk on ESG and the energy industry.
- Brown-Forman’s Suzette Carty on pursuing sustainability at a 150-year-old brand.
- Electronic Arts’ Nadine Redd Blackburn and Kristina Engeseth on their ‘EA Gives Back’ community outreach program.
- Best Buy’s Ashley Rajaratnam on a topic to be announced soon.
Who’s going to be there?
Everyone in the room will be leading a corporate social responsibility program at a big company. This is a meeting for people like you, with jobs like yours, at companies like yours — and problems like yours.
No vendors, sponsors, press, small businesses, or junior/front-line staff allowed.
Attendees will be from member companies and invited guests from similarly-sized companies.
What are we going to discuss?
You’ll get candid, honest insights from experienced peers. Bring a list of the things you’re working on right now. We’d love to help.
Some early topics that have been suggested include:
- Disaster preparedness and recovery
- Partnering with NPOs, NGOs, and companies
- Setting up/sunsetting a foundation
- Deciding on third-party certifications for sustainability
- ESG metrics and reporting
- Defining/redefining your strategic pillars
- Measuring and communicating impact
- Mobilizing ERGs (employee resource groups) for CSR goals
- Investor relations and sustainability
What’s the format?
Here’s an explanation of the format from one of our other meetings. We’ve been running similar meetings for the past 12 years — it’s a very efficient format to get high value in limited time.
Why is there no fee and who is funding this?
The CSR Board is a confidential, vendor-free membership organization for people leading corporate social responsibility at the world’s biggest companies. We have members-only meetings about four times a year. Because our meetings are confidential, we host smaller meetings for guests to see what we do. In total transparency, we think you’re going to love it and will want to join the community.
NOTE: ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVIEW
Submitting this form does not mean you’ve been approved for the meeting — do not book your travel yet.
This is a private meeting for CSR Board members and invited guests. All registrations are subject to approval at the sole discretion of Board.org.